Mon, 28 Nov|
Menopause Informed Therapy - Online workshop for Therapists
If you work with women over 40, this workshop is one you want to attend!
Time & Location
28 Nov 2022, 20:30 – 22:30 GMT+2
About the Event
Understanding women's health in midlife – for therapists.
As a therapist or counsellor you are trained to support women navigate various experiences or challenges in their lives. Whether it be a trauma, relationship issues, mental health challenges (anxiety, depression etc) or any other life challenge that needs guidance, perspective and often practical tools to help navigate it.
You are trained in your modality and deeply understand how it can support your client's journey to healing.
However, there is another element to a women's healing journey that you may not have considered before, that can impact her need for therapy and your perspective on how you approach working with her.
And that is her hormonal lifecycle and stages of life.
Our hormones significantly impact our physical, emotional and mental health/cognitive experiences.
When you deeply understand HOW our hormones affect us (women) at different stage of our lifecycle, how they change over time and why and how that affects our behavior, ability to cope and respond to situations, and perspective on things we are experiencing, can you start relating to your clients with a much more nuanced approach.
The hormonal piece of puzzle may add a level of insight that will allow you as a therapist to ask better questions, identify patterns that are impacted by 'stage of life' and provide more personalized tools and strategies to support your client.
What you will learn in this Course.
- Why is midlife health different to other stages (understanding a women's hormonal life cycles)
- Key things to pay attention to during midlife years (changes in midlife, that are unique to this stage of life and influenced by our hormonal changes)
- A deeper Understanding of this can impact how we support women during these years (examples of sudden onset of ADHD, Changes in relationship behaviors, Self identity, expectations at this new stage of life)
- Understand why the midlife female therapist herself may experience burnout or relate to her clients differently.
- What tools are available that you can recommend outside of your therapeutic modality (bringing my experience and approach to supporting midlife women).
Case Study: Take a typical 44 year old woman who presents with mood swings, anxiety, ADHD type symptoms, irritability, loss of connection with her partner, trying to figure out what she wants out of her life, low motivation and drive.
Being a trained professional, you have many tools to support this woman to navigate her issues and bring clarity to her situation.
But what if you were able to also understand her situation from a much deeper perspective and reframe the conversation for her.
What if you were able also understand how her changing hormones, stage of life and menopause experience could be contributing to her mental and emotional health and wellbeing?
The challenges mentioned above are very common menopause symptoms and when we add this layer of understanding to your work with clients, it can transform the way you are able to support them, the tools you give them and growth they can achieve.
Limited Registration Ticket₪80.00