Wed, 17 Jan|
Energize your IFS therapy with Bilateral Stimulation
with Shalva Waldman Live Training in Jerusalem! January 17th 4-8pm & 18th 10am-4:30 pm Blending IFS therapy with aspects from EMDR therapy can create a powerful and effective combination for a wide range of mental health conditions, particularly trauma-related issues.
Time & Location
17 Jan 2024, 16:00
Jerusalem, Shatner St 7, Jerusalem, Israel
About the Event
Are you ready to take your IFS therapy to the next level?
Do you love using IFS, but sometimes find that the tools aren't quite enough? That you would like to be able to offer your clients more?
In this two-day course you will gain hands on tools that implement immediately if you come across these common sticking points. Do you ever find that some clients:
· Have a really hard time going inside for 'insight' work?
· Have a hard time staying in the flow of the work, and keep on stepping out to talk about it, instead of going in to experience and heal it?
· Really need to do something more embodied in order to stay present with difficult content?
· Aren't able to stay in self in the presence of powerful "managers"?
· Are flooded or overwhelmed by images and feelings from traumatic events?
· Have fearful and anxious parts that aren't able to 'step back' when asked to? Do you wish you had more interventions to help clients unblend aside from asking parts to step back?
· Seem constantly “blended” with one part or another?
· You’ve worked with them on 'Unburdening' their exiles a number of times, yet they keep showing up holding a lot of pain?
· They have parts that hold big trauma that needs to be witnessed and processed, but it seems impossible to stay in ‘self’ enough to do that? Do they have intrusive images or flashbacks that haven’t responded enough to traditional IFS?
· Are blended so often in sessions that you find some of your own frustrated, overwhelmed or self-questioning parts coming up?
Or you just want to enhance your toolbox to feel better equipped to address a wide range of client needs and issues? Would you like to have more tools to heal and release your own traumas and parts? Would you like to better understand the process of memory reconsolidation – how we can help our clients modify their operating systems? Would you like to better understand the differences between treating single incident trauma and complex, relational, or attachment trauma, and how bi-lateral stimulation can enhance and speed up both?
This day and a half intensive workshop will give you tools to safely integrate bilateral stimulation, (one of the main therapeutic ingredients in EMDR therapy), and how to implement it effectively in order to turbo-charge your IFS therapy, moving it quickly and effectively through some of the common sticking points, and helping your clients to quickly achieve meaningful and lasting results. You will also learn the essentials of how memory reconsolidation works, and how it can be used to take your trauma and healing work to the next level.
The live learning sessions will be followed by two optional zoom supervision sessions over the following weeks, to allow you to fully integrate your new tools into your practice.
*This is not an accredited EMDR course, and will not follow their syllabus.
**This program will be geared to Masters level clinicians with at least level 1 training in IFS and 6 months of experience using it. If you don’t meet those criteria, but would like to attend, please be in touch to discuss.
Shalva Waldman attained her M.Sc. from the University of North Texas, is certified by the family Institute. She is passionate about using IFS, EMDR, Somatic approaches, memory reconsolidation and other tools in an attuned way, to empower people to live well within the complex realities of their lives. She runs a private practice in Tzfat where she enjoys being a part of a spiritually striving community and raising her children and grandchildren.
- Ticket type
+₪21.25 service fee+₪21.25 service fee